[Simh] Question about SIMH ARM port re-distribution

Jesper Jacobsson jesperjacobsson at yahoo.se
Fri Aug 15 14:31:36 EDT 2008

Dear Bob Supnik and the SIMH developers,

I am a user of the jlime linux distribution (www.jlime.com) which is a GNU/Linux distribution for the HP jornada series ARM computers.

I have ported SIMH to jlime and wonder if I can, with your permission,
redistribute my builds of SIMH on the jlime.com repositories?

I did not fully understand the software license so I thought it was
best to ask you guys directly.

I hope I havn't done anything wrong trying to port SIMH to jlime,
I just want myself and the rest of the jlime users to be able to
explore and learn from all that SIMH has to offer.

And also thank you very much for an excellent emulator.
I am very interested in UNIX history and it is heaps of fun!

Here is an archive of the port how it could be distributed:

http://www.jx4.org/dump_public/simh-ancient_unix-jlime.tar.gz

Btw, you can reach me for IM contact if you so wish at #jlime on freenode IRC network, under nick jesperj.

Best regards,

Jesper Jacobsson