[Simh] Vax Autoboot - and Solaris 10 update

Paul Hannington paul at paulhannington.com
Mon Apr 14 14:40:32 EDT 2008

Folks

I'm sorry if this is a question which crops up a lot.

I eventually got some technical architecture docs for my Solaris 10 kernel to understand my network problem... Solaris 10 on Sparc seems like it won't work with the simh networking, as I see it, due to a fairly radical shake up in the TCP/IP stack model to enable extremely fast comms (20Gb link speeds!)

Anyhow, built up a linux box and everything works fine now!

I have a problem with the Autoboot of the simh vax. I have both 'dep bdr 0' and 'set cpu conhalt' but seem unable to get the vms to autoboot. I have set a default boot device, so that at the console prompt I only need to type 'boot', but it won't autoboot. This is a pain as I am trying to set up for unattended operation.

All help welcome.

Paul