[Simh] VUPs?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Apr 4 09:54:19 EDT 2008

> Tim Shoppa wrote:
>I don't think DEC ever officially released their VUP benchmark suite to the
wide world.

>Digital Review, back in the days, had their own VUP test suite that gave
similar
>but not identical numbers. Many put much more weight on the Digital Review
>benchmarks because they were published.

  There's also the possibility that DEC marketing fudged the VUPs numbers a
little bit to ensure that the machines ended up with the right
cost/performance ratios, and that's why nobody else was ever able to
duplicate them exactly.

  I don't have any evidence that Marketing actually did, but the temptation
must have been there.

Bob