[Simh] VAX/simH under windows- term type?

Mark Suhovecky suhovecky at nd.edu
Wed Sep 26 10:54:14 EDT 2007

Well, I'm pretty new to this, so hopefully this isn't too silly a question.

I'm running simH on Windows XP. I've loaded OpenVMS 7.3, and got
it installed and licensed. My problem is this: when I attempt to use the VMS
editor, my simH window does not support  vt100 terminal emulation, and I
can't
navigate around in a file to configure anything.  I set  the terminal
type in VMS
via a set term/vt100 .If there's someone on the list who's solved this,
maybe
by using a different term type or launching simH  from something other
that an XP
command prompt window?

Thanks,

Mark