[Simh] License transfer of OpenVMS to SIMH (legally!)

Glynn Stanton glynn at paniglynn.com
Thu Sep 6 15:25:28 EDT 2007

Interesting one.

Perhaps some clarification that the OpenVMS hobbyist licenses are perfectly
"legal". Just not supported and cannot be used for commercial purposes.

This is more than enough for the people on this list. I view simh and
charonVAX as complimentary not competing products. If you want a fully
supported platform and are willing to pay for it, run charonVAX and HP will
support OpenVMS on top of it. If you want to develop, play, have fun, use at
home etc etc, use simh with an OpenVMS hobbyist license. You get what you
pay for :)

Just my .2c