[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 45, Issue 15

Peter Lund firefly at vax64.dk
Sun Sep 2 16:30:46 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 20:58 +0200, Ghost Wolf wrote:

> While keeping the human readable part but with some formatting and that
> becomes HTML. Witch is readable on any of the plausible host platforms
> and even on a couple of the targets. I would opt for a clean HTML 3 or
> even 2 one file system containing index links and return to index links.

While HTML files are diffable and viewable, they are not well-suited for
casual inspection or for use in plain text editors.  They are not really
greppable either.  HTML/XML markup is simply *NOISY*.  So is LaTeX.  And
troff/groff.  I would protest vehemently and scream "over my dead body!"
about those if I were the maintainer ;)

-Peter