[Simh] simH, OpenVMS, TCP-IP, Linux (Long)

Bolhar-Nordenkampf Ferdinand ferdinand.bolhar-nordenkampf at wien.gv.at
Thu Oct 11 02:48:56 EDT 2007

Martin Vorländer:

>> So I'd guess this is the same network card, isn't it?
>
> It is. But from the VAX, can you
>
> $ UCX PING 10.152.105.86
>
> I doubt you can.

You're right. It was a misunderstandig of mine: I understood
David's phrase

>> Also, don't forget that the host and the virtual VMS system cannot
>> communicate over the same network card.

as "you need an extra network card for each virtual VMS system
because the host and the virtual system cannot use the same
card".

Of course, they can use the same card, but the host cannot
communicate with the virtual systems. The virtual system
theirself can communicate among each other.

Thanks for clarify and kind greetings,

Ferry
--

Ing. Ferry Bolhár-Nordenkampf