[Simh] TQK50/TK50 (was UDA/KDA/KRQ emulation)

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue Nov 27 10:41:39 EST 2007

>Tim Shoppa wrote:

>There are some examples of OS's caring about hardware/firmware revision
>levels - for example the earlier rev TK50 controllers had some flaky DMA
>that were corrected in later ones, and some versions of RSTS simply
>refuse to work with the older flaky ones as ID'd by the revisions bytes.

  Interesting you should mention this - it's another issue I wanted to look
into. If you boot later versions of RT11 on simh with a TK50 drive attached,
you get the error -

	?MSCPCK-I-MU0-TK50  FW Rev Level is 005/HW Rev Level is 001
	?MSCPCK-W-TQK50 controller below FW Rev 4/HW Rev 6

It'd be easy enough to bump the revision level in the code, but I didn't
know if there were other associated functional changes.  If it's just flakey
DMA then we're probably safe ...

Bob