[Simh] RA70/73 simh support

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Nov 25 15:10:37 EST 2007

  I notice that the PDP-11 (and, I would assume, the MicroVAX) version of
simh is missing support for the RA70 and 73 drives, although it supports the
RA71/72, all RA8x, and RA9x drives.

  After a look at the source code, it appears that the only reason the RA70
and 73 aren't supported is because some information about the drive
geometry, notably the size of the RCT, isn't known.  Am I right about that?
Is that all that's missing?

  As it happens, I have a PDP-11 with two working RA70 drives.  Is there
some XXDP diagnostic that will tell me the RCT size?  If there is, I'll be
happy to run it and report the results.

  Unfortunately I don't have a RA73, but if somebody wants to give me one
I'd be happy to do that experiment too :-)

Thanks,

Bob Armstrong