[Simh] vt220 to an emulated VAX

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:35:47 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 3:21 PM, Phil Mendelsohn <phil at rephil.org> wrote:
> > There aren't too many suggestions available, except for tracking down
> > a terminal server such as the Model90L device or related from the
> > usual sources, and using that, after you've set up networking on the
> > simulation.
>
> You don't need any terminal servers.  Just log into any Linux box (run a
> 486 for heaven's sake!) and telnet to SIMH running on your bigger box.
> Surely you can find a junker that can do this...
>

> --
> "Nothing is too small to know, and nothing too big to attempt."
> --Sir William Cornelius Van Horne

Hello!
Well yes, it happens I have here one of the fellows just described,
via the Linux-VAX list, and that was the first thing that
materialized. Obviously we could use a spare Intel box to do the job,
or even a Lantronix TS, but there are trillions of ideas out there.

Person to Phil M, where are you based again?
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."