[Simh] VT220 emulation

Alan Frisbie frisbie at Flying-Disk.com
Tue Nov 6 10:52:22 EST 2007

> Kermit - not free and also seemed to have the same
> problem(s) (or configuration opportunites) as Putty
> It's demo license expired before I could get the thing
> to work

I have used Kermin-95 personally, and for years at a client's
site to access VMS systems using 8-bit graphics (line-drawing)
characters.   My client has a 100-seat bulk license and the
only problem I can recall was mapping some of the keys to
the more-limited PC keyboard.

When I am traveling, I use Kermit to SSH back to my home
VMS system.   With a laptop, the key mapping problem is even
worse if you want to use EVE/TPU, so I try to borrow a
full-size keyboard wherever I am.

Alan