[Simh] Fwd: VT320 Terminal emulator for VMS?

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 4 18:47:24 EST 2007

I am using IVT and it does a credible VT220 emulation

I use PUTTY - but I am not even sure that it is a full VT220 emulation.

I am not aware of any freeware VT-3xx emulation.  The big difference AFAIR was
the block mode
feature (one that we made extensive use of in an application that i architected
back in the early 80's).

It was very handy to be able to snapshot the screen when a user had a problem.
User would hit a f key,
the app would dump the screen to the log file, prompt the user for a description
of the problem, and cut a trouble ticket....

This was in 1981 or there abouts...  Boy were we good!! (We used the VT320s
because they gave us that dump feature,  it was the only reason that we bought
them - at about twice the price of a 220....  Worth 10x or more of the extra
that we paid!!)

Villy