[Simh] space.pa as a ticker tape dev

Christian Buchegger christian at buchegger-home.de
Thu Nov 1 15:39:53 EDT 2007

Rob,

the space.pa file resides in the same directory as my os8 disk images. I
usually inlcude the
attach statement in my os8.ini file which looks likethis:

set log session.log
attach rx1 drivers.rx01
attach rk0 disk0.rk
attach ptr space.pa
boot rk0

In order to load this file properly like I described you need to have the
PTR device installed.
Verfiy this using
.RESORC /E

If you dont find the PTR device its going to be tricky. Here it is. Find the
driver PT8E.BN in the distribution of your OS8 version and follow the steps
lined out below.

.RUN SYS BUILD

$LOAD RXA1:PT8E

$INS PT8E:PTR

$PRINT

RX02: *RXA0 *RXA1
LPSV: *LPT
KL8E: *TTY
RK05:  RKA0  RKB0  RKA1  RKB1  RKA2  RKB2  RKA3  RKB3
RK8E: *SYS  *RKA0 *RKB0
VT50:  LST
TM8E: *MTA0  MTA1  MTA2  MTA3  MTA4  MTA5  MTA6  MTA7
TD8A: *DTA0 *DTA1
BAT : *BAT
PT8E:  PTP  *PTR

DSK=RK8E:RKB0