[Simh] SIMH/PDP-11 on Mac OS X

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu May 17 13:02:53 EDT 2007

J. David Bryan wrote:
> On 17 May 2007 at 9:04, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
> > It appears I'm running into some sort of terminal emulation issue.  I
> > figured I'd check to see if anyone has run into this before I bother
> > looking further.  This wasn't a problem with 2.10-4.
>
> Starting with 3.5-2, I think, the terminal handling for all simulators was
> changed.  The PDP-11 simulator defaults to "printing characters only," so
> escape characters will be stripped.  Doing "SET TTO 8B" might fix your
> problem.

That did the trick, thanks a lot!  I guess this just goes to show what
happens when you don't upgrade the version of SIMH you're using in over 4
years.  I looked through the PDP-11 document last night, and it looks like
there are some interesting changes in there.  I've already modified my
configuration to more closely match my main hardware system.

> Note that the manual says, in 2.3.3, "The default mode is 8B."  But that
> doesn't seem to be the case:

I would guess not since my configuration file for running RT-11 didn't
include anything to do with terminals.

		Zane