[Simh] VAX: tap/tun.

Hans Rosenfeld rosenfeld at grumpf.hope-2000.org
Fri Mar 23 20:42:11 EDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 11:35:52PM +0000, Andrew Back wrote:
> I have tried using 'taptap.c' and this works if I configure say IP on tun0
> on the host, and attach xq to tun1. But if I then try attaching xq to br0
> and putting tun1 in the bridge it stops working. I'm guessing this is
> something to do with tun working at the IP layer.

When using taptap you should always attach your XQ device to the tun
device not configured for IP on the host (tun1 in your case). If you
want the virtual ethernet created by taptap to be bridged to a real
ethernet, you should add the tun device configured for IP on the host
(tun0 in your case) to the bridge, but there is absolutely no point in
attaching the simulator to the bridge interface itself.

> Lastly is there any way to create and attach a second xq in the simulator?

There should be a XQB device.

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown