[Simh] Updated Ethernet executables based on gcc

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at hst.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 5 20:41:53 EST 2007

bsupnik at comcast.net wrote:
> I've replaced the Ethernet executables yet again, with executables compiled under Mingw.
>
> To do this yourself,
>
> 1) Download Winpcap 4.0 and the development kit from winpcap.org
> 2) Install Winpcap 4.0
> 3) Unzip the development kit
> 4) Copy the include directory to C:\Mingw\include
> 5) Copy libwpcap.a and libpacket.a to C:\Mingw\Lib
> 6) Build the source set with build_mingw_ether.cmd
>
> /Bob Supnik

Thanks Bob.
I can confirm the ethernet executables work on my WinXP SP2 laptop.
For building under Cygwin see my earlier post. Just to clarify, the
executables
produced with Cygwin/mingw work also without Cygwin.
They should be almost identical to the ones produced by Bob.
Can anybody confirm if they run under Windows Vista?

Ton van Overbeek