[Simh] SIMH Ethernet Mac OS X

Hittner, David T. david.hittner at ngc.com
Wed Jun 27 17:41:43 EDT 2007

This is a known issue, you can read about it in the FAQ.

The host CANNOT talk to the simulator over the physical interface. You
must create a pseudo-interface (TAP/TUN) and bridge the pseudo-interface
to the real interface, then attach the vax to the pseudo interface, so
that the messages are bridged between the systems.

The physical card will *not* repeat the messages.

Alternatively, you can attach the vax to a second physical ethernet
interface, and hook BOTH physical interfaces to the same network, and
they can talk using the hub/switch of the physical network.

Dave