[Simh] Excessive paging of the real machine running SIMH - VAX

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 17 09:24:05 EDT 2007

On my system
it always happens on the system drive at startup - right after the bit map message ....

most of the time it also happens once the data drive is mounted  and if not, it'll happen as soon as anything writes to the data drive.

some times it happens when the data drive and/or the system drive is dismounted - the console hangs at the vms message "use console to halt the cpu (or some such wording)" until all of the W/XP io is complete

Villy