[Simh] Shutdown of Vax from Linux shutdown script

Odilon Mader lists at luminainfo.com.br
Mon Feb 5 17:41:39 EST 2007

At 18:17 05/02/07, David Holland wrote:
>Not having looked at the SIMH clock code, particularly closely..
>
>Theoretically, yes, you can run the guest OS's, and the host OS's
>clock separately. (Presuming you don't have something like NTP
>running in in the guest.)  However, _usually_, you want to run to
>run the opposite way, w/ your guest, and your host clocks synchronized.
>
>Otherwise, when you take down your host for an hour to replace a
>system board, or some other maintenance, your guest is now an hour behind.
>
>David

In this case I must agree. With NTP and such we'd better be on time.
But if the system's so concerned with time it deserves being
respectfully and manually shut down, doesn't it? :)

I was only having in mind the way I'm using SimH. I'm running TOPS-10
and being nostalgically accurate with a clock set on 1978 (the time I
was in College coding my very first Fortran programs).

Odilon