[Simh] Card reader support in TOPS-10

Odilon Mader lists at luminainfo.com.br
Sun Feb 4 07:35:54 EST 2007

At 13:54 01/02/07, bsupnik at ... wrote:
>After reading CD2SER.MAC, it's fairly clear that TOPS-10 only
>supports the CD11, not the CR11.  Thus, pdp11_cr.c needs rather more
>extensive work than I thought, so that it defaults to a CD11 on the
>PDP-10, and it's not possible to set CR11 mode.  Further, VMS only
>supports the CR11, so modifications are needed to prevent setting
>CD11 mode on the VAX.
>
>I'll get around to this when I can.
>
>/Bob

Great! I'm looking forward to. In the meantime I found and restored
the tape containing CD2SER.MAC. I understand that I need to do a
MONGEN (MUNGEN) to make the device known to the system.

But I don't want to mess with the other MONGEN options. So where are
the current options stored? Better, is there a way to run MONGEN with
these options as defaults?

Thanks, Odilon.