[Simh] simh-vax NetBSD 4 date wrong host system date correct.

Rob rob at olg.com
Fri Dec 21 01:18:08 EST 2007

Rick,
w/in the NetBSD environment, you can fix this by:

1) change the timezone link.  (from memory), change the /etc/localtime
   link to point to a different timezone (or you could generate your
   own).  I think you want /usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT.

Or, if you wanted to use UTC for some reason, the following options
are also available:

2) edit the timezone variable in kernel configuration using config(8)
   (simply specify the correction in minutes).  Useful if you are
   using a generic kernel.

3) rebuild the kernel using a custom timezone offset same as above
   but if you are building your own kernel anyway, no extra effort.

Hope that helps,
Rob