[Simh] ka655/ka655x + copyright/licensing issues

Vince Mulhollon vince at mulhollon.com
Wed Aug 29 11:46:15 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 05:23:15PM +0200, Peter Lund wrote:
> I was wondering if it would cause any problems if the debianized version
> of simh checked for the existence of the firmware on boot or start up or
> at configuration time (happens as part of the installation) and if it
> couldn't find the firmware, printed out the exact URL at which it could
> be found.

Maybe Bob could modify vax_sysdev.c

if (*rom == 0) {                                        /* no boot? */
    printf ("Loading boot code from ka655x.bin\n");
    if (sim_log) fprintf (sim_log,
    r = load_cmd (0, "-R ka655x.bin");
    if (r != SCPE_OK) return r;
    }

So if the load fails it prints the URL etc

After all, everyone needs the boot code not just Debian.