[Simh] 2nd try problem: simh 3.7-1 VAX accvio reason=4 during addg3 indexed access to second operand

BMLV / LRUE / EDV Si lrue.edv.si at bmlv.gv.at
Mon Aug 13 03:37:53 EDT 2007

Hello,

I hope this is the correct mailbox for problem reporting.

my simh  vax emulator (3.7-1) fails while executing mth$gsind under vms 7.0.
the debugger identified the failing code

.psect data nowrt,noexe
table: .g_floating 0.0, 90.0

.psect code nowrt,exe
addg3 r0, table[r4], r2

the addg3 access to the second operand (table[r4]) causes an access violation (reason=4).
the table is not-writable but the instruction seems to access it in write mode.

addg3 r0, table, r2

works without problems.
the d_float and h_float variant of mth$sind works too.
the same code works on my real vax (VAXstation 4090) without problems.

Do you have a hint for me where to look for a fix in the simh-code??

Andreas Huemer