[Simh] Using the images from the TUHS

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 20:16:41 EDT 2007

Hello!
According to this readme from the TUHS site:
These are RL01/RL02 images from a 11/23 V6 system rescued from the
University of British Columbia's Surplus Equipment Recycling Facility
by Tim Shoppa during the summer of 1997.

unix_v6.rl02:           A V6 RL02 bootable on a 11/23.  Kernel is built
                        for a 11/23, 2 RL02's, and 2 RX02's; Kernel source
                        is available for building other configurations.

user01.rl02:            \These are various RL02's to be mounted under
user0_backup.rl02:      | "/user".
user_backup2.rl02:      |
copy_num1_user.rl02:    /

While I agree that the note explains everything, it does not explain
how to actually do so using the currently available SIMH/PDP-11
program.

Advice please.

My next step afterwards to will be to work out how to build an actual
kernel there and to make it the active one.
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."