[Simh] Simh problem(s) / questions

tiggerlasv at aim.com tiggerlasv at aim.com
Wed Apr 25 02:43:36 EDT 2007

Good morning. . .
A few quirks with Simh; hopefully at least one of them will be easy fix.

1.)  I compiled simh 3.7 using a windows-based MINGW distrubution, on a machine running WinXP.

      I then moved the executable over to a system running WinME.

      Under RSTS/E, the KW11-L (Line Time Clock) appears to be running faster than 60Hz.

      In 12 hours time, the clock gained over 3 hours.

      Could this be a compile issue, related to the changes in OS environments,
      or simply differences in the motherboard hardware?

2.)   I reported this earlier, but I'm not sure if the posting actually made it out into the world. . .

       Under RSTS/E, using DHV11 emulation, an interruption to your TELNET connection
       doesn't seem to drop the CARRIER DETECT signal.   Instead of your job being "detached",
       as it would on a "real" system, your job remains logged in, and attached.

       What is worse, the next incoming TELNET session will be automatically connected to this job.

       So, if I'm accessing the machine from work, and lose my internet connection,
       the next person that TELNET's in will be attached to my session !

       Naturally, that's a pretty big security hole.

       I've checked to make sure I had everything set properly.  The rest of the modem control
       seems to be working properly. . .  logging out performs a hangup, and disconnects the
       TELNET session, as does performing a manual HANGUP from inside the operating system.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim