[Simh] NetBSD2.0/VAX Guest

Nigel Horne njh at bandsman.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 16:38:43 EDT 2007

http://simh.trailing-edge.com/help.html points to
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/vax/emulator-howto.html, I have been
following the installation notes there.

One minor point, that page refers to 2.0, however that doesn't exist,
so I've been trying with 2.0.2
(ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/2.0.2/vaxcd.iso).

Now, the major point. The installation starts OK until it reaches the
installation device. On
the 'select medium' menu, I chose 3 (CD-ROM/DVD) and got this error:

  "Enter the CDROM device to be used and directory on the CDROM where the
  distribution is located.
  Remember, the directory should contain the .tgz files."

What do I do now? I can't get past this to get NetBSD to install under
Simh37.

-Nigel