[Simh] XVM/RSX boots, but with some problems

Andrew Warkentin andreww at datanet.ab.ca
Thu Sep 28 08:49:33 EDT 2006

I have built XVM/RSX in SIMH, and it boots to an MCR prompt and the
"built-in" commands work, but there are a few problems.

All characters typed (but not the ones that the system prints) are
echoed twice. Also, when RSX tries to install the various utility tasks
from the disk, it gives a "RELOCATION HARDWARE NOT AVAILABLE" error
regardless of the CPU setting in SIMH (this may have something to do
with the fact that I did not build either XVM/ DOS or XVM/RSX for XVM
hardware). I will try to build XVM/RSX (and possibly XVM/DOS) for XVM
hardware later.

If anyone on this list wants the disk image, I can either stick it on
some random FTP server somewhere, or send it as an attachment off-list.
I do not have a site where I can put the image.

I have attached a transcript of an XVM/RSX session and the configuration
file that I am using to boot it, and will post a transcript of an
XVM/RSX install later.

Best regards,
Andrew