[Simh] VAX and OpenBSD: Multiplexer and Clock

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 20:24:48 EDT 2006

Hello,
    I've recently begun running OpenBSD under the VAX simulator, and have encountered very good success overall.  However, I do have two questions.
   1. How would I go about using the DZ11 terminal multiplexer, and what exactly does it do for me?  (I'm not someone who used VAXen or any other old computing platforms when they were first around, so am ignorant of the subtleties.
2. The clock of the OpenBSD machine has a habbit of falling out of sync with the real system time when the VAX is shut down.  I've remedied the problem inefficiently by attaching the NVR and then using 'ntpd -s' every time the system boots at the shell prompt.  I also set nptd to start automatically with the /etc/rc.conf.local script.
However, I was wondering if there were a more efficient way anyone could suggest to do this?  Any help would be appreciated.
Yours and thanks in advance,
Zack.