[Simh] NetBSD Installation Woes

Kirk Russell kirk at ba23.org
Sat Sep 23 15:26:16 EDT 2006

> Message: 1
> From: "Zachary Kline"
> Subject: [Simh] NetBSD Installation Woes
>
> Hello,
>     I've decided to seriously try getting back into NetBSD and Simh, or any BSD and Simh really.  The Netbsd procedure seemed easiest to follow.  So, I went through it as instructed, everything worked fine up to the reboot process, at which point the CPU halted as follows:
> >> boot dua0
> (Boot:R5/0 DUA0
> 2--DUA0
> 1..0..
> HALT instruction, PC:001003F1 (PUSHL #20)
> This is using the latest versions of both SIMH and NetBSD available.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe this bug in NetBSD:
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=28724

I would guess you could work-a-round it by using simh "load -o",
or just hack your disk image.

If interested, here are some scripts I collected to automate the
installation of 4.3BSD to simh vax 11/780:
http://www.ba23.org/page0207.html

--
Kirk Russell            <kirk at ba23.org>            http://www.ba23.org/
Bridlewood Software Testers Guild                  Ottawa Ontario Canada