[Simh] VAXcluster on SIMH - is it possible?

Tim Pinkawa timpinkawa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 20:44:15 EDT 2006

I'm a newbie when it comes to VMS, but the idea of VAXclustering on
SIMH is interesting to me. I did some research a while ago and read
that VAXclusters had gone from using dedicated hardware to being able
to cluster over ethernet.

Does SIMH emulate enough hardware to support or VAXcluster? The reason
I ask is because I know from using Hercules that clustering (or
sysplexes) can introduce some complicated issues. For example, the
lack of an emulated sysplex timer on Hercules (and legal issues)
prevent setting up a sysplex.

If VAXclusters on SIMH are indeed possible, does anyone have any
stories about it?

Thanks,
Tim