[Simh] Printing from the VAX

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 15 22:05:04 EDT 2006

Well

I finally got printing working - the output of print queues on the VAX being
routed to my Windoze box for printing.

I installed A2PS on the VAX - and then modified it so that an initial form feed
in a job (the old skip to channel one) wouldn't cause a form feed before the
first page printed out.

Configured some LPR queues pointing back to my xp box which was running a
product called

Lpd_to_win

Which in turn is dependent upon gsprint to actually print the stuff to my HP7150
ink jet printer....

It was so much easier in the old days....

And there probably is some easier way to do it today too - but at least I can
now print out my source listings without ftping, opening them in wordpad, and
then printing...

Villy

Villy Madsen
www.members.shaw.ca/villy.madsen