[Simh] AXP Emulation?

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Oct 31 08:04:00 EST 2006

[Apologies for continuing this off-topic thread on the SIMH list.]

Recent discussions have been asking about a virtual machine for the
DEC/Compaq/HP Alpha architecture.

On the subject of sources of virtual machines that SIMH does not
support, you can find a commercial emulator for Alpha, ARM, IA-64,
MIPS, PowerPC and POWER, SPARC, TI, AMD64/EM64T here:

It was formerly known as the SIMICS simulator.  I learned of it only
recently from this new report:

	Greg Wright, Mario Wolczko, Phil McGachey, and Erika Gunadi
	Introspection of a Java Virtual Machine under Simulation
	Sun Microsystems, Inc.

The virtutech Web site says that free personal licenses are available, but
registration is required.

I keep my own extensive Web site about virtual-machine resources at