[Simh] wincap 3.1

Broer van Smeden smeden at scarlet.nl
Sun Oct 8 11:23:11 EDT 2006

I'm a happy user of SIMH vax simulator. At my office I do some programming
on OpenVMS axp, DS20E, but in the evening, I make some tooling on my PC.

Currently I want to check some TCP/IP trouble. For this, I've installed
ethereal. However this requires a higher version of WINCAP.

But after installing WINCAP 3.1 or even WINCAP4.0 beta, my later version of

SIMH has no access to the network anymore.

(if required, I can send you the output of the console).

Now I've installed again version WINPCAP_3_0_BETA.EXE, and my simulator is
working fine.

Did I do something wrong, or is the windows version not linked with the
right library?

Kind regards

Broer van Smeden

The Netherlands