[Simh] Terminal emulation

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 19:44:19 EST 2006

On 11/21/06, Zachary Kline <Z_kline at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I realize this may be something of an off-topic question.  However, I've
> recently installed OpenVMS on the simulated VaxServer 3900.  I'm not sure
> about a few points, though the most frustrating for me is terminal
> emulation.  I have PuTTY for Windows, which I am using as my VMS system
> console--at least until I get my license PAKS and can load up TCP/IP.
> What I'm wondering is mostly if anyone could desceribe to me the general
> layout of the Vt102 terminal?  PuTTY seems to emulate Xterm, which emulates
> VT102.  I've seen a number of references to a Gold key, as well as keys
> labeled help, do, etc.  Any information on what these are would be
> appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Zack.

Although you're not using UNIX at this time, anybody who is should
know about a shell script called "decxterm" that starts an xterm with
the keyboard remapped to give you the Do key, etc. A quick Google
search should turn up more details for you.

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn