[Simh] DECwindows

Paul Hardy pghardy at verizon.net
Sun Nov 19 16:00:06 EST 2006

Thanks, that makes sense.

My simulated VAX (and its host PC) is sitting behind a firewall in my wireless router, and I have all ports blocked apart from ones I've explicitly opened for the present.

It is a valid point however - When I temporarily enabled FTP server through the firewall during some experiments, I noticed that within about 15 minutes I was getting break-in detection messages from the VMS audit server. Some cracker presumably doing port scans had found the FTP port and was trying to break the password on account "Administrator" (which didn't exist anyway).

It's a nasty world out there!

--
Paul  Hardy
Email: paul at the hardy.demon.co.uk domain