[Simh] DECwindows

Vesselin Kenashkov kenashkov at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 09:50:09 EST 2006

What a silly error from my side :)

Thank you.

Now I'm able to get the login screen, VMS accepts the login, but in
second or two it seems that I'm logged out and again the login is
displayed. Maybe the system does not starts the CDE or there is some
other reason for loging me out immediately?

Here is the latest SYS$SPECIFIC:[TCPIP$XDM]TCPIP$XDM_RUN.LOG file:

$ Set NoOn
$ VERIFY = F$VERIFY(F$TRNLNM("SYLOGIN_VERIFY"))
18-NOV-2006 16:35:26.92 - Waiting for DECwindows to start...
18-NOV-2006 16:35:31.94 - Waiting for DECwindows to start...
%SYSTEM-S-NORMAL, normal successful completion
%SYSTEM-S-NORMAL, normal successful completion
%SYSTEM-S-NORMAL, normal successful completion
%SYSTEM-S-NORMAL, normal successful completion

The documentation says that the XDM_XSESSION.COM file is optional so I
have not created one.

Any help is appreciated.