[Simh] DECwindows

Vesselin Kenashkov kenashkov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:27:30 EST 2006

I will revive the thread...

I have a network running in SIMH, have X on openvms (DW-MOTIF), I have
enabled XDM:
$ TCPIP SHOW SERVICE XDM

Service             Port  Proto    Process          Address            State

XDM                  177  UDP      TCPIP$XDM        0.0.0.0             Enabled

But when I scan the VAX/SIMH from my host I get:
nmap -p 177 192.168.0.80
PORT    STATE  SERVICE
177/tcp closed xdmcp

(for example scanning port 23 gives open - telnet is running)

So I think this will prevent any try to connect with Xnest ot the
machine, right?
(I still have not read the docs avout the authentication but with the
current problem...)
Any idea what I've done wrong?

Vesselin Kenashkov