[Simh] More on VAX Emulation under Linux

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Jun 17 12:38:13 EDT 2006

At 9:11 PM +1000 6/17/06, John wrote:
>BTW...  What do we do about keyboard emulation?  Using any of the
>xterm/terminal software in Linux with VAX is a horrendous
>nightmare... although I've managed to get the BS/DEL key working in
>xterm; too many things to change in too many places...  and I have
>no idea about how the EDT keypad gets mapped.

I've been using the keypad in xterms under various flavors of Unix
for years.  Where it becomes a problem is on Mac OS X as they ship
with a crippled xterm (it doesn't support the -xrm flag).  Even on
Mac OS X this can be worked around by modifying the .Xmodmap.

Give the following a try.  I believe there is also a version on at
least one of the OpenVMS Freeware CD-ROM's.
http://www.avanthar.com/~healyzh/vt100.sh

		Zane