[Simh] Getting a true Vax disk over to SIMH?

Stanley F. Quayle stan at stanq.com
Mon Jan 9 08:52:15 EST 2006

On 9 Jan 2006 at 6:41, Norman Lastovica wrote:
> What I like to do is install LDDRIVER and then create
> container files and use BACKUP/IMAGE to transfer the
> 'real' disk to the container file.  Finally dismount
> the disk and then FTP it (binary mode) to my target
> system.

That assumes the existing system has enough free disk space to hold
what you're transferring.  That's a problem, especially if you're
trying to migrate the whole system...

--Stan Quayle
Quayle Consulting Inc.

Stanley F. Quayle, P.E. N8SQ  +1 614-868-1363
8572 North Spring Ct., Pickerington, OH  43147  USA
stan-at-stanq-dot-com       http://www.stanq.com
"OpenVMS, when downtime is not an option"