[Simh] Ultrix32 1.0

Rico Pajarola rp at servium.ch
Fri Feb 3 13:56:40 EST 2006

Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>bootra is from 4.2BSD. A closer look shows that the kernel seems to be
>>Microvax only (!). I am not sure there is even enough bits in the
>>old-ultrix-32 tarball from TUHS to build a 11/780 kernel from it... Has
>>anybody got more of Ultrix32 1.0?
>

> I don't have my manuals handy, but I seem to recall that it only supports
> MicroVAX I, and maybe MicroVAX II systems.  I might have TK50's around here
> somewhere of V1 and V1.2.  The list of supported hardware is pretty small, I
> don't think it even supports the larger MFM drives.

there is a cpu.h in one of the other Ultrix 1.0 disks:

union cpusid {
         struct cpu780 {
                 u_int   cp_sno:12,              /* serial number */
                         cp_plant:3,             /* plant number */
                         cp_subeco:4,            /* sub-system-rev */
                         cp_eco:5,               /* eco level */
                         cp_type:8;              /* VAX_780 */
         } cpu780;
}

#define VAX_780         1
#define VAX_750         2
#define VAX_730         3

#define MVAX_I          7
#define MVAX            8

let's me hope that there is some 11/780 stuff in there...

regards
--rp