[Simh] Mag tape creator

Villy Madsen Villy.Madsen at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 2 23:06:16 EDT 2006

Greetings all

I have thrown together a mag tape creator.  It will create a SMIH compatable
tape image from files on your pc.

No documentation, just put the executable in a writeable directory and run it
(it creates an ini file in the execution directory to save settings).
The program only creates Fixed length record files,  I would suggest using only
512 bytes for lrecl.  I have tried block sizes up to 32768 and they work fine.

You can specify wild cards c:\*.* will give you the entire c directory.

C:\*.jpg will give you all of the jpgs in the root.  I will fix that come the
fall.

Nice thing

Attach the tape to el VAX

Write the stuff to the tape on your windows window.

Mount the tape on the VAX

Mount/over-id msa0: (or whatever)

Do your thing

Dismount/nounload msa0:

Do some more writing from windows.  etc etc

If you have any questions ask

The files are on the site below

Click on the '750 for service from the ISP, click on the 3900 to get service
from the virtual VAX - if it's up

Best

Villy

Villy Madsen