[Simh] hobbyist distribution

Hittner, David T. david.hittner at ngc.com
Wed Apr 12 10:32:23 EDT 2006

It depends on how long it takes to CONFIRM your Encompass status. If
you've just joined or renewed your membership, it takes them a while to
get the latest membership information from the various international
organizations. By agreement with HP, they are not allowed to send a
distribution to a non-Encompass person.

The turn time on actually sending out the distribution once you are
confirmed is pretty fast; I've gotten one in as little as 5 days. That
was when I ordered one about 6 months after renewal. I've also waited a
month for one, because I had to renew my expired membership that same
day, and it took a while to get the new membership list. Your order
eventually shows up if you are an active member.

It can be frustrating. That's the cost of the Hobbyist distribution.

As far as your query to see how long it will take goes, I've never
gotten a response to one of my queries either. I have suspected for a
long time that all of their Hobbyist inquiries go directly to NLA0:  ;-)

Dave