[Simh] H316/DDP-516 magtape support

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Sun Apr 9 15:30:07 EDT 2006

Good evening,

who has written the H316 mag tape support in SIMH?

Who has software that uses the mag tape?

If someone writes a mag tape emulator there must be docs/software for
the mag tape unit....!

My Problem is: I have the real (hardware) magtape for my H316 now. And I
want to restore it to work. But I don't have ANY magtape related
information/listings/software then a manual for my drive. And that
manual is also not too complete...
It is a Honeywell 4210 7-track 200/556 bpi unit.

See http://h316.hachti.de if you are further interested.

And I have some sw that runs on SIMH H316:
DAP-16 assembler, FORTRAN IV compiler, my mandelbrot demo, a calculator,
some libraries, loaders etc.

Best regards,

Philipp :-)