[Simh] telnet console with simh

Hittner, David T. david.hittner at ngc.com
Mon Apr 3 09:10:07 EDT 2006

>From my experience, the loss of the first one or two characters on a
line is where the simulated computer is sending fill characters (like
control-A or null) to slow the output timing down for the older
teletypes, and telnet is faithfully reproducing the closest
representation (space), which overwrites the real characters.

This was (or will be - I'm a developer, so I'm not sure what context I
heard about it) addressed with 7b/8b command extensions. Look for
documentation on setting the telnet or console to only display printable
characters, rather than all characters (7p/8p, I think).

You can also see if your telenet application can suppress the
non-printable characters.

At worst, you can hack the telnet output stream to suppress
non-printable characters if the 7p/8p extension isn't there yet.

Dave