[Simh] re. still unable to specify disks larger than 2 GB

-demijohn- hellpenny at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:22:12 EDT 2005

Sorry, forgot to mention ... running on linux (redhat 9)
on intel hardware ... I get the same results with
rauser=2048 or greater.

>From what I can see, these sections of code (in sim_fio.c) are relevant:

             /* Optimized file open */

             FILE *sim_fopen (char *file, char *mode)
             {
             #if defined (VMS)
                 return fopen (file, mode, "ALQ=32", "DEQ=4096",
                        "MBF=6", "MBC=127", "FOP=cbt,tef",
"ROP=rah,wbh", "CTX=stm");
   ->       #elif defined (USE_INT64) && defined (USE_ADDR64) && defined (linux)
   ->              return fopen64 (file, mode);
             #else
                   return fopen (file, mode);
             #endif
}

The use of the VMS flag above has me puzzled .. I'm not sure if that was defined
or what it implies .. I'm trying to build the VAX/VMS emulator
obviously ... if VMS
is defined looks like it would prevent the fopen64 routine from being called.
(I'm probably way off :)

            /* Linux */

  ->        #if defined (linux)
  ->        #define _SIM_IO_FSEEK_EXT_      1

  ->        int sim_fseek (FILE *st, t_addr xpos, int origin)
            {
  ->             return fseeko64 (st, xpos, origin);
            }

            #endif                                                  /*
end Linux with LFS */

--

  I'm not absolutely sure I explicity defined 'linux' so I'll try
that, otherwise,

Thx,

-JM