[Simh] re. still unable to specify disks larger than 2 GB

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+simh at ijs.si
Mon Sep 19 11:47:03 EDT 2005

> I tried to get large disk support working on my simh Vax under OS X
> V10.3.9 but discovered that for OS X at least, some of the necessary
> code to handle this isn't yet present in simh.

I remember having to tweak the makefile and sim_fio.c
to make large files work under FreeBSD, which probably also
applies to OSX. The FreeBSD supports large files out of the box,
so you probably only have to add -DUSE_ADDR64 to VAX_OPT
and add something like the section below to sim_fio.c:

/* FreeBSD UNIX - natively 64b */
#if defined (__FreeBSD__)
#define _SIM_IO_FSEEK_EXT_     1
int sim_fseek (FILE *st, t_addr offset, int whence)
{ return fseek (st, offset, whence); }
#endif

  Mark