[Simh] PDP-11 emulation and networking

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 20 20:25:19 EDT 2005

Hello from Gregg C Levine
(I sent the original off earlier, but it never showed up here.)
I have here a DEC (Terminal) Server model 90L+, (I put the word
Terminal in these things because it was designed to serve sessions to
terminals at one point in its career.)

Basically I'd like to see if the current release of SIMH PDP-11 can
talk to this device, while running an appropriate OS. Preferably one
of the R families of operating systems that might have been in vogue
about the time a PDP-11 might have been using a similar device. So far
asking about the unit in the usual newsgroups has resulted in a lot of
negative information, including that the LAT protocol might not have
been available for the PDP-11 and the R families of operating systems,
particularly the versions we have access to.

However a fellow on another list, that I know confirms that this
particular server has a bad habit of broadcasting its addresses in a
form that's a bit strange, as compared to the other servers that he
either owns, or has worked with in the past.

And the fellow who sent it to me has confirmed that it did work for
him, in a similar fashion, for the VAX crowd that he had, or did have
even access to in the past.
---
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
---
"Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi