[Simh] Where are the .dsk files?

Christopher Cureau chris.cureau at marchonsoftware.com
Fri Dec 9 15:59:03 EST 2005

If you are trying to run Unix v5 from the pdp11 archive, perhaps you could
try this instead:

sim> set cpu 18b

then attach the disk to rlk0, then boot rk0.  I am no simh guru, but
that's how I've booted v5 in the past.

Cheers,
Chris Cureau

Joseph Quigley <cpu.crazy at gmail.com>
Sent by: simh-bounces at trailing-edge.com
12/09/2005 02:38 PM

        To:     simh at trailing-edge.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Simh] Where are the .dsk files?

Booting an OS isn't really SIMH specific. Eg. in case of a simulated
VAX, you attach an ethernet card to your VAX' configuration, boot the
CPU ("boot cpu" at the "sim>" prompt) and the rest really works like
a regular VAX. So in this case, "boot xqa0" would boot off the
network.

For other machines, this differs, because, well, these are different
machines.

MfG, JBG

 I don't quite get you.. I'm trying to run a pdp11 simulation and don't
know how to boot it. I'm using the U18 processor. Here's what I'm doing:

PDP-11 simulator V3.4-0
sim> set cpu U18
Disabling XQ
sim> attach unix_v5.dsk
Too few arguments
sim> attach rk0 unix_v5_rk.dsk
sim> boot rk0

HALT instruction, PC: 000002 (HALT)
sim> boot U18
Non-existent device

--
There are 10 different types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.