[Simh] Where are the .dsk files?

Joseph Quigley cpu.crazy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:38:03 EST 2005

> Booting an OS isn't really SIMH specific. Eg. in case of a simulated
> VAX, you attach an ethernet card to your VAX' configuration, boot the
> CPU ("boot cpu" at the "sim>" prompt) and the rest really works like
> a regular VAX. So in this case, "boot xqa0" would boot off the
> network.
>
> For other machines, this differs, because, well, these are different
> machines.
>
> MfG, JBG

 I don't quite get you.. I'm trying to run a pdp11 simulation and don't know
how to boot it. I'm using the U18 processor. Here's what I'm doing:

PDP-11 simulator V3.4-0
sim> set cpu U18
Disabling XQ
sim> attach unix_v5.dsk
Too few arguments
sim> attach rk0 unix_v5_rk.dsk
sim> boot rk0

HALT instruction, PC: 000002 (HALT)
sim> boot U18
Non-existent device

--
There are 10 different types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.