[Simh] Increasing VAX memory past 64 MB?

Dan Foster simh at evilphb.org
Mon Dec 5 08:44:53 EST 2005

Running SIMH V3.5-1 under Gentoo Linux 2005.1 with the 2.6.12 kernel.

I understand that SIMH currently supports up to 512 MB of RAM for the VAX.

How is that configured in vax.ini?

'set cpu 128m' or anything greater only reveals 64 MB when I do 'show
mem' at the >>> console prompt.

Do I need a different file other than ka655.bin, or do I need to set
some special option? 'set cpu extendedmemory'?

Or is just showing 64mb a limitation of the console firmware, and in
reality, it does actually have > 64 MB configured?

-Dan